Principal Mediator and Consultant:
Yeda Hong (LL.B., P.C.LL., Q.Med.)
Yeda earned her Bachelor of Laws and Postgraduate Certificate in Laws from the University of Hong Kong. She started her career in private practice with Messrs. Mayer Brown (formerly known as Johnson Stokes & Master), one of the leading law firms in Hong Kong, and worked there for 15 years. She has extensive experience in handling property transactions, land acquisition and court proceedings relating to land compulsory sale with the Lands Tribunal in Hong Kong. She also advises clients on building management law and tenancy matters.
Yeda received her mediation training and was accredited as General Mediator by the Law Society of Hong Kong and the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre in 2013. She has since then been an Accredited Mediator on the General Panel of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre and Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited. She is passionate about assisting her clients to resolve disputes through mediation and has acted as counsel in numerous land related mediations.
After her family was relocated to Vancouver, Yeda was designated by the ADR Institute of Canada as Qualified Mediator (Q.Med.) and started her mediation practice. She is a member of the Symposium Organizing Team of 2018 ADRBC Symposium, 2019 ADRBC Symposium and 2020 ADRBC Symposium Webinar. She is also a Mediator of the Associate Civil Roster of Mediate BC.
- Qualified Mediator (Q.Med), ADR Institute of Canada, since 2018
- Mediator of the Associate Civil Roster of Mediate BC, since 2018
- Accredited Mediator of the General Panel of Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (香港國際仲裁中心認可調解員), since 2013
- Accredited Mediator of the General Panel of Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited (香港調解資歷評審協會綜合調解員), since 2013
- Solicitor, admitted in Hong Kong and England & Wales in 2002 and 2003 respectively
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Panel Chair – “Mediating Real Estate Conflicts” in 2020 ADRBC Symposium Webinar, organized by ADR Institute of British Columbia, August 2020
- Speaker – “Mediation and Conflict Resolution from a biblical perspective“, Richmond Chinese Alliance Church, November 2019 and February 2020
- Panel Chair – “Cultural Considerations in Mediation: Developing Skills to Resolve Disputes” in 2019 ADRBC Symposium, organized by ADR Institute of British Columbia, June 2019
- Speaker – “Mediation and Conflict Resolution from a biblical perspective“, Chinese Christian Missions of Canada (CCM Canada), November 2018
- Panel Chair – “Connecting East and West: BC’s Challenges and Opportunities in International Arbitration“, ADRBC Symposium, June 2018
- Speaker – “Land Compulsory Sale in Hong Kong“, The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors, March 2015
- Guest Lecturer – “The Legal and Practical Aspects of Land Compulsory Sales in Hong Kong“, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong, January 2015
- Guest Lecturer – “The Legal and Practical Aspects of Land Compulsory Sales in Hong Kong: The Land (Compulsory Sale for Redevelopment) Ordinance (Cap.545, Laws of Hong Kong)“, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong, February 2014
- Speaker – “Acquisition through Compulsory Sale and Relevant Legal Issues“, Mayer Brown JSM, July 2013
- Guest Lecturer – “The Legal and Practical Aspects of Land Compulsory Sales in Hong Kong”, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong“, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong, April 2013